Packing And Unpacking The Stress Away
Get our advice now! Complete this form for your Complimentary Briefing Call with our Managing Director
"I had the pleasure of working with Saunders 1865 and I cannot speak highly enough of my experience. Being my first international relocation, I was quite nervous and had a lot of questions. Saunders 1865 ALWAYS had a prompt answer and the reassurance that I needed. I am now moved in and couldn't be happier. I owe it all to Saunders 1865 and would not hesitate to use or recommend in the future." Jay Morgan, Hilton Worldwide
We know that relocating can be very stressful. Whether you are moving down the street or across the world, a lot of stress can come into play when moving personal effects. You need not to worry! We have some handy tips for you when packing and unpacking your belongings.
- Clearly label ALL boxes. It may sound a little like common sense but labelling all boxes with content and location allows you and the movers the knowledge of where each box goes and eliminates time wasting when you have to guess where the mystery boxes go.
- Label all rooms. If you are moving into a property with multiple rooms, use a sticky note to label what room is which. This allows movers to place the belongings in the corresponding rooms thus allowing a speedier unpacking process.
- Pre-plan your pack. Take time to plan about what you really need to take with you initially and what can be packed and shipped with the rest of your belongings.
- Pack with your children in mind. When moving with children, we understand that they may want to take all their toys and clothes with them. To avoid cluttering up your new property with old toys, you can either donate them or even throw away broken toys. For more tips on Relocating with Children check out our blog, here.
- Envision your unpack. To make the process easy for you and your family pre-plan where each piece of furniture would ideally fit. This can be achieved by taking pictures of your new property and visualizing where each piece of furniture will go.
- Start your packing early. Avoid last minute panic packing (which can result in things getting forgotten or just thrown into random boxes), by starting early in less essential rooms like the garage or attic.
- Keep a hold of all screws and bolts for furniture. In most cases bedframes and large wardrobe units will have to be dismantled in the move. Avoid taping them to the furniture as these can easily fall off. Instead, keep them in labelled bags/envelopes and pack them with your essential items.
As part of our unique menu of VIP Destination Programs, we have a powerful move management service to help with moving your possessions – and it’s surprisingly affordable. We can take your stress away by acting as your single point of contact in coordinating and obtain quotes from preferred movers and managing the whole process from receipt of quotes to delivery and unpacking. Click here to learn more.