15 Homes in London for a monthly rent of £2000 or less
Where you can rent in London without having to live on pot noodles!
Just the other day I was speaking with a worried employee of a corporate client – a global bank. George was being relocated from California to the City of London and he was concerned that his monthly rental budget of £2,000 would not stretch to more than a studio flat in London.
While I was able to reassure him that he would not have to live in a shoebox, this was a prime example of how employees can feel under tremendous financial pressure when they’re asked to move to London from someplace where housing costs are a lot lower.
It’s no secret that property prices in London can be eye-watering at times, but it is possible to find a good property for an affordable monthly rent if you know where (and how) to search for one. To demonstrate my London rental search team have put together some examples of homes that can be secured for a monthly rent of less than £2,000.
If you’re looking to rent in North London, right now you could get:
- A stylish 1 bedroom apartment in Hampstead with wood flooring, an open plan kitchen and a large reception room located in the heart of Hampstead Village for £1,711; or
- A modern 2 bedroom maisonette in Camden with private garden and balcony for £1,993; or
- A 3 bedroom apartment in Angel, Islington with a fully fitted kitchen, balcony and communal garden for £1,900.
If you’re looking to rent in South London, right now you could get:
- A spacious 2 bedroom flat in Clapham with a large kitchen-diner and 3 tube stations on its doorstep for £1,993; or
- A newly refurbished 3 bedroom terraced house in Brixton with private garden, supermarkets and restaurants on its doorstep for £1,997; or
- A 4 bedroom detached house in South Croydon with a modern kitchen, 2-car driveway, and large garden for £2,000.
If you’re looking to rent in East London, right now you could get:
- A 1 bedroom apartment in Dalston with high-spec furniture, a private terrace and 24-hour concierge for £1,906; or
- A brand new apartment in a development opposite Stratford station with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a private gym and 24-hour concierge for £2,000; or
- A 3-bedroom semi-detached house in Walthamstow with 2 reception rooms, a large kitchen-diner and private garden, with outstanding schools nearby for£1,995.
If you’re looking to rent in West London, right now you could get:
- 1 bedroom apartment in South Kensington with a sleek, modern interior, large reception room and double bedroom with ensuite for £1,993; or
- A 2 bedroom flat in Hammersmith with 2 bathrooms close to 4 tube lines for £2000; or
- A 4 bedroom terraced house in Ealing with an enclosed rear garden and great transport links for £2,000.
If you’re looking to rent in the City of London right now you could get:
- A fully furnished studio flat in Liverpool Street with a generously sized living room for £1500; or
- A furnished 1 bedroom flat in Aldgate with bay windows and modern furnishings for £1,716; or
- A 1 bedroom apartment off Fleet Street with high ceilings, hardwood floor and a ton of natural light for £1,993.
So you see it is possible to secure decent housing in London for a monthly rent of below £2,000 if you know where to look and how to negotiate a good rental contract. This is what my team does for clients day in, day out. For a free consultation about your needs use this contact form or call us on +44 20 7590 2700.
We would like to say what a pleasure it was working with Saunders 1865 for our recent relocation from California to Chester.
It's not an easy process trying to find somewhere to live, when you're not familiar with the area and 5,000 miles away, but with Saunders 1865 help and advice we managed to, and yes the area and apartment are both great. THANK YOU!!
Keith & Lucinda Spolton, California