As Germany’s business and financial hub, there’s no doubt that this city as seen a rise in the number of bankers moving to Frankfurt in the run-up to Brexit.
The rental market is moving fast in Frankfurt! Properties are often taken unseen so it’s especially important to have all the necessary documentation and funds ready before you make an offer. My team can help you with the whole process, so don’t worry.
That said, there are good homes to be had for monthly rents as little as €2000 or less. Now I’ll show you some in different parts of the city! Of course, what you can afford will depend on where you want to live but for the purpose of this demonstration, my team has chosen 4 of the most popular areas that professionals tend to gravitate towards.
Full of history with its cobbled streets, vineyards and rustic buildings, Sachsenhausen is a great alternative to city living. Just a 20-minute tram ride from the centre of Frankfurt, this sleepy town is a great option for those looking for a lot of space for their money. If you’re looking to rent in Sachsenhausen right now you could get:
- A bright 1-bed apartment close to the Schweizer Platz, in a neat little garden-house old-style building, just 100m away from the subway station €769/month
- A 2 bed, 1 bath unfurnished apartment with large windows, high ceilings and a rear balcony - €1,340/month
- A newly refurbished 3 bed, 2 bath apartment with 2 balconies, open plan kitchen and communal swimming pool - €1,870/month
One of the most popular destinations for relocating expats, this neighbourhood has great schools, parks and beautiful properties. Many of the residents are bankers and their families who are looking for a safe, family-friendly area. It’s also one of the most expensive areas in Frankfurt, so whilst properties aren’t huge, the area more than makes up for it.
If you’re looking to rent in Westend right now you could get:
- A 1-bed loft-style apartment with stunning views of the Frankfurt skyline and access to a communal gym and spa - €1.500/month
- A fully furnished 2 bed, 2 bath apartment with large kitchen, 2 rear balconies and high-speed Wi-Fi - €1,650/month
- A 3-bed penthouse with modern décor and large kitchen - €1,985/month
The best word to describe living in Niederrad is convenience. Less than half an hour from the train station, airport and business district, the small town doesn’t offer much in the way of activities but lively Sachsenhausen is just 20 minutes away.
If you’re looking to rent in Niederrad right now you could get:
- A 1-bed apartment with wood flooring, fully fitted kitchen and communal gym -€1,350/month
- A newly renovated 2-bed apartment with modern furnishings, a combination washer/dryer just 4 minutes’ walk from the tram station - €1,490/month
- A modern 3-bed apartment with roof terrace, 2 double bedrooms and off-street parking - €1,750/month
Popular for young professionals, Bornheim has great nightlife, affordable rent and easy commute into the city. With numerous pubs and bars, there’s always something to do.
If you’re looking to rent in Bornheim right now you could get:
- A top level 1 bed apartment with fitted wardrobes, laminate flooring and communal cellar - €540/month
- A 2-bed ground floor apartment with high-quality kitchen, supermarket next door and tram stop within 5 minutes’ walk - €1,050/month
- A furnished 3-bed apartment with laminate flooring, fitted kitchen and high-speed Wi-Fi - €1,680/month
Finding and securing a rental home in Frankfurt can be a complex process for foreigners and the fast-paced market means you need to have all your ducks in a row ahead of putting forward an offer. You’re at a definite advantage when you have a relocation professional with local knowledge representing you in your search. We’ll also make sure you secure the right rental terms.
Saunders 1865 has been an extremely valuable part of our relocation team as our primary contact in the UK. They have been very responsive, professional, courteous and just plain nice. It's been a pleasure to work with and has undoubtedly made this process easier for us. They've been particularly helpful in dealing with a challenging landlord and we appreciate the levity they have brought to the situation. Thanks, Saunders 1865!
Natalie Francoeur, Massachusetts