1. Fees & expenses are payable after the service has been performed. However, we require an Operating Deposit (OD) equivalent to the estimated fees & expenses (any fees payable to real estate agents by renters in another country will be payable in addition) that will be incurred to be paid into our Client Account at the start of every assignment. The start of the assignment is the date upon which we receive authorization to proceed. Whilst we may, as a matter of goodwill, start work on your assignment prior to receipt of the OD we reserve the right to suspend service at any time until funds have been received.
2. Where applicable, in the event that the actual monthly rent (or purchase price as the case may be) paid exceeds the budget/allowance advised the fee will be adjusted accordingly at the end of the assignment.
3. Value Added Tax (VAT) is payable in addition at the prevailing rate wherever applicable on all items. An amount for any estimated VAT will be included in the OD required in accordance with para 1 above.
4. Disbursements/expenses reasonably incurred (including travel mileage and translation costs) are payable in addition.
5. Any work that Saunders 1865 is required to do that is outside the service specification shall be charged on a time basis. You will be notified in advance if additional chargeable work is necessary and we will not proceed without your consent.
6. Pricing contained in any proposal is valid for such period as is specified in the proposal or for a maximum of 30 days from the date of the proposal whichever comes first.
7. TOUR DAYS & ASSOCIATED RESEARCH TIME (where applicable)
7.2. If further escorted tour days are required (in addition to the escorted tour days that are included in the authorized program) these will be subject to an additional tour day charge of £995 per day (or part day) including research time. Unescorted tour days (that are required in addition to the included escorted tour days) are subject to a reduced rate of £795 per day (or part day) including research time.
7.3. Please note that the setting up of tours and property viewings (whether the tours/viewings are escorted or not) involves many hours of preparatory work by our research team. Therefore pre-arranged tour days can only be altered with at least 72 hours’ written notice or the tour day will be forfeited.
7.4. The escorted tour days are exclusively for the assignee (as notified to Saunders 1865 at the beginning of the assignment) and their spouse and children. Our local consultants drive standard size vehicles suitable for the assignee, spouse and 1 child. If a larger vehicle is required then this will be hired and the hire cost will be added to the disbursement invoice subject to your prior approval.
7.5. All participants who travel in a local consultant’s vehicle must have full International Medical Insurance. Saunders 1865 will not accept any liability for accidents.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS THAT APPLY ONLY TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMS
8.1 Home Finding Program: The maximum period of service is 120 days from when the service starts. Subject to that maximum period of service, this program comes to an end in any event on the start date of the tenancy agreement. (Optional ongoing support is available.)
8.2 Departure Program: The maximum period of service is 90 days from when the service starts. Where a claim (e.g for dilapidations or other matter under the lease) from the landlord is made against the tenant an additional charge will apply on a time basis. The first hour is included in the fixed fee for the program.
8.3 Schooling Assistance Program: The maximum period of service is 90 days from when the service starts. The service is for up to 2 children.
8.4 Settling-In Assistance Program: The maximum period of service is 60 days from when the service starts.
8.5 Pre-Home Finding & Orientation Program: The maximum period of service is 60 days from when the service starts.
8.6 – Temp Accommodation Sourcing & Management Program: This program is only suitable for short term serviced accommodation sourced via corporate housing providers. The maximum period of service is 90 days from when the service starts. However, in some cases it may be more cost effective to source short term accommodation from the mainstream rental market, which would involve a program more in line with a comprehensive rental search. If that is the case we will advise you and seek your approval before proceeding further.
8.7 Move Management: The maximum period of service is 120 days from when the service starts.
8.8 Furniture Assistance: The maximum period of service is 30 days from when the service starts.
8.9 Stamp Duty Land Tax Compliance: The maximum period of service is 30 days from when the service starts.
8.10 Lease Renewal: The maximum period of service is 90 days from when the service starts.
8.12 Tenancy Negotiation & Move-In Support: This program assists in cases where a property has already been found. It involves our providing representation in the negotiation of a tenancy agreement and related legal documentation for one property/one transaction. Should the transaction fail, we will provide a credit note based on our assessment of any unutilized professional time which can be used to discount fees for any new program for the same assignee. The credit note cannot be applied to a new assignee.
8.14 Ongoing Support Program:
8.14.1 The set-up fee is payable upon our being authorized to provide the service and the monthly management service fee is payable three-monthly in advance. Being part of this program entitles you to a 10% discount on our standard renewal and departure fees.
8.14.2 The ongoing support is designed to provide comprehensive, office-based support for ordinary, day to day management issues arising out of the tenancy agreement. Any extraneous work that Saunders 1865 is required to do that is outside the ambit of ordinary day to day management shall be charged on a time basis (e.g. attendances outside Saunders 1865’s offices; work in relation to legal disputes; management of projects costing in excess of £1,500). The standard hourly rate is £195 unless we specify otherwise. However, no extraneous charges will be incurred without your agreement.
8.14.3 The Ongoing Support is for an initial minimum period of one year. Either Client or Saunders 1865 may terminate the ongoing support by giving not less than three months’ notice in writing. This service will automatically come to an end at the termination of the tenancy agreement.
9. Urgent Funding Service: We know that sometimes corporate clients find it difficult to arrange urgent payments immediately, for example to make urgent payment for such items as holding deposits, Stamp Duty Land Tax, rents etc. As an additional service to the client, Saunders 1865 can fund these payments for short periods not exceeding 21 days. This is subject to the prior approval of our Finance Department in every case. The fee for this service is equivalent to 10% of the total amount funded, subject to a minimum service fee of £95. The amount funded must be re-paid to Saunders 1865 plus the fee within 21 days, time being of the essence. Any late payments are subject to late payment charges and contractual interest as set out here
10. After negotiating on your behalf to the best of our abilities, Saunders 1865 makes best endeavours to check tenancy agreements & associated paperwork. We are experienced relocation professionals but we are not lawyers and we are not qualified to provide legal advice. It is the ultimate responsibility of clients to be sure that they understand and agree all the terms in any documents before signing off. If you are unsure of anything you should seek advice from a lawyer. Similarly we are not qualified to give tax advice. If tax advice is required the client must seek such advice from a qualified tax accountant.
11. All invoices/requests for payment are payable on receipt and shall be delivered by email unless otherwise agreed. Client may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to Saunders 1865 by reason of any right of set-off or counterclaim which Client may have or allege to have or for any reason whatsoever.
12. Clients are asked to meet all requests for payments (including Operating Deposits) promptly to avoid unnecessary administrative and financing costs. It is fundamental to the contract between us that payment must be made on time. Overdue payments will attract late payment charges and contractual interest as set out here
13. DISCOUNTS: In the event that Saunders 1865 have agreed any discount it will be subject to the condition precedent that Client has paid any OD on time (time being of the essence). If payment is late the discount shall not apply. A payment is considered late if it is not received in Saunders 1865’s bank account by the latest date for payment shown on the fee account or invoice.
14. REASONABLE USE POLICY: During the progress of the assignment in the event of there being any substantial change in the client’s original specification of their needs or in the details of the relocation such that Saunders 1865 will be required to carry out significant additional work then Saunders 1865 reserve the right to make an additional charge. If such a circumstance arises Saunders 1865 will seek the Client’s approval before carrying out such additional work.
15. Fee proposals are calculated on the basis that payments will be made by direct bank transfer in pounds sterling with the payer covering all bank charges. Clients wishing to make a payment via any other method (or on any other basis whatever) must make prior arrangements in advance Any agreement to pay via any method other than bank transfer shall be at Saunders 1865’s sole discretion.
16. Client may cancel the assignment (subject to the conditions set out herein being met by Client) by giving not less than seven days’ notice in writing. Saunders 1865 will invoice Client for all time spent (at Saunders 1865’s prevailing hourly rates for time-based assignments) up to the expiry of the written cancellation notice and client shall ensure that Saunders 1865 is in receipt of funds to fully discharge Saunders 1865’s invoice in full within seven days thereafter. If timely payment is not received (time being of the essence) the cancellation notice shall be void and the original service fee shall become immediately payable. However, if the assignment has been substantially completed the full fee will be due. The Client’s right to cancel shall not apply where Saunders 1865 have agreed to provide a package of programs at a discounted fee. CONDITION PRECEDENT: This cancellation provision is subject to the condition precedent that the OD shall have been paid by the deadline date in accordance with paragraph 1 hereof. If OD payment is late (time being of the essence) this cancellation provision shall be void and the full program fee shall be payable together with any contractual late charges and accrued interest.
17. Force majeure. Neither party shall be in breach of this contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this contract if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
18. LEGAL & TAX ACCOUNTING ADVICE – IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are experienced relocation professionals but we are not lawyers or accountants and we are not qualified to provide legal or tax accounting advice. It is the ultimate responsibility of clients to be sure that they understand and agree all the terms in any documents before signing off. If you are unsure of anything you should seek advice from a qualified lawyer or accountant.
19. If any provision of these terms are held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any Court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions of these terms shall continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts for the determination of any dispute.