A major global bank retained Saunders 1865 to provide VIP relocation assistance to their new HR Director in London.
Cross-cultural training was required as part of the VIP relocation package because the relocating executive (an American) wanted for herself and her family comprehensive preparation for the different UK culture, especially in terms of all the customs and behaviours that are different than USA’s.
As always, we started with an initial, in-depth consultation with the relocating executive and her spouse. This enables our cross-cultural specialists to design a bespoke program that caters for the precise needs of the family.
At this family’s request the training was carried out at the family’s new London rental home that the Saunders 1865 home finding team had already sourced for them.
Their bespoke, cross cultural training program included all the following topics and much more besides:
- An introduction to UK culture, politics and Constitution
- Advice on British social behaviour both at work and in social settings
- Different communication styles and understanding the British mindset
- The UK business culture and how it differs from USA’s
- Language barriers – we may speak the same language, but the same words can have completely different meanings!
- Guidance on UK workplace practices
The family were delighted with the program and the executive told us it greatly enhanced her confidence during the early weeks of her assignment in London.
The Saunders 1865 Cross-Cultural Program could be a key ingredient in making your next VIP relocation to the UK a great success!
Your insight and expertise were essential to the success of this big move for our family. You helped us find the perfect home (wonderful location, plenty of space!) and a great school (very welcoming!), and you helped us navigate the subtle cultural and procedural differences in establishing a home in the UK.
Nathalee Ghafouri, San Francisco, USA